Monday, January 2, 2012

The Gentleman Callers

This one off Gentleman Callers session featured Joel L on drums, Lucian C on guitar and Erik S on bass and vocals. In the summer of 2000, Erik had just come back from touring with The Dragstrip Syndicate and came to visit me in my house in Alexandria, VA. My basement had an assortment of equipment, so we decided to resurrect The Gentleman Callers, something Erik and I had done a few years earlier. We brought back "Sweet FLA", a song about a true story of a group of crazies (FFA?) who wanted to blow up Disney Word on "Gay Day". The other 2 songs I had forgotten were ever recorded, but Erik has this to say about them:

"I think that first tune was called "Baby Bitch," and is a total rip off of "All Night Long" by Thee Hypnotics. I think the second one was called "Leper Love." In one of my English classes at the time I had read a poem or something about a leper living on a colony who was pining for a girl who couldn't come near him due to his leprosy. The first line to the song is "Baby, you know how it goes. You'd love me if I had a nose." HAHAHA!"

Sweet FLA


Baby Bitch


Leper Love

No comments:

Post a Comment