Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Southern Vibrations part 2 (1999)

I am not entirely sure how this came about, but there was a second Southern Vibrations session. I think Mike C was away at school, and the sounds of ye olde Vibrations made their way to Richmond VA where Matt F heard them and had to be part of it. I knew Matt as a the drummer of Dragstrip Syndicate, and had no idea he could play bass until he sat and laid down the bass for the "new" Southern Vibrations. There was actually a 5th song recorded, in the vain of Chuck Berry's "Johnny B Goode" that we could never get the vocals right, and hopefully it's still sitting on Erik's 4-track waiting for us to one day actually record the vocals. I don't remember much else about recording this stuff, but I still feel like I cheated on Mike C since this was his idea to begin with.

Daisy
 
81 South
 
Little Billy Ray
 
Wildfire Soul
 

No comments:

Post a Comment